keskiviikko 6. lokakuuta 2010

A Glimpse of Archihell

This is not a food blog.

Repeat. This is not a food nor a recipe blog. Okay, so now something completely else.

School. School for me equals a lot of stress. Stress about the fact that I should already have graduated, bought a house and gotten a family. Stress about whether or not I will finish the required work in due time and even better, be satisfied with it. Stress about if my work is liked or not, after pouring quite a few drops of pure heart blood. I have to admit, many times have I failed and backed out completely after a bad critique or made some really half-hearted just to get by.

Inspiration and stress just don't go along, even with a sprinkling of too much work for one person and never knowing if you'll cut it in the critique or not. It's no surprise that in our vocabulary the words like stress and anxiety are like tattooed in our daily conversations. When complaining about the harsh treatment that is for one to go through to be an architect to non-architect people there's this constant lingering scent that I'm considered to be an elitist.

There have been various measures to tackle this, the takeover of the department in the 70's I recall and  a demonstration for the mental health of architecture students last spring. Also quite a few legal organs are concerned about the mental health of architecture students' since there seems to be an increased case of anxiety, depression and other mental health issues.

Since I never figured out a smart slogan for the demo I used this instead
This also not a rant blog or "yay let's make the world better by writing shit" -blog so I'd like to take this opportunity to showcase a short film by some fellow students at my department. It's a depiction of the life of an architecture student and it's shockingly spot on. And today no song, I'm sorry.


Tahtotila from Johannes Kaira on Vimeo.

-L

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti